Ferry Meidianto | /* Living in .NET World */

TAG | internet-explorer

Today I was debugging ASP.NET website and got very annoying issue. The website has file download feature and anytime I download the file IE9 couldn’t open it – the file was missing before the PDF application could open it. It did work on FF and Chrome.

I have cleaned-up Temporary Files directory and also ASP.NET temporary files (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files) but no luck.

Later I realized that by changing the debugging port for ASP.NET Development Server to any new number solved the problem. But I didn’t believe that it’s the real solution. Then after playing with IE settings a bit I found that this setting caused the problem.

It was set to Automatically by default.

You can set it to Every time I start Internet Explorer but I prefer Every time I visit the Webpage for my need, both will work.

Hopefully this will help anyone having the same issue as I faced.

·

Theme Design by devolux.nh2.me

Disclaimer

All postings/content on this blog are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this blog are my opinion and don't necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer or sponsors. The content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution By license.
To top