Ferry Meidianto | /* Living in .NET World */

Jun/10

Where the heck is Visual Studio Command Prompt?

You got answer on MSDN forums telling you to run devenv /ResetSettings in Visual Studio 2008 command prompt but after searching you computer you can’t find it. Where the heck is it?

Look at below picture, you will be able to find it easily.

image

If it doesn’t help,

Visual Studio 2005
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt

Visual Studio 2008
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt

Visual Studio 2010
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)

· · ·

9 comments

• Tina · December 1, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I went to both places in VS 2008, and it’s not listed there.

• Admin comment by Ferry Meidianto · December 2, 2010 at 7:08 am

Hi Tina, try logging in to your computer using administration account (or account with administration previlege).

• Matthias · February 6, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Wherever I look for it, its not there.
    I checked it at least 100 times.

• Admin comment by Ferry Meidianto · February 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Which VS edition do you use?

• Sam · January 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm

there is no exe for visual studio command prompt it loads a bat file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\vcvarsall.bat

• Andrius · February 5, 2013 at 1:48 am

I can’t see it too, do I have to download a special program or something?

• tarun · March 20, 2013 at 11:23 am

there is no exe file available…the command prompt is there but no exe file …please help???

• Admin comment by Ferry Meidianto · March 20, 2013 at 11:33 am

Hi tarun,

There is no .exe file. The shortcut is pointing to .bat file.
    For example VS 2010 command prompt, when you check the shortcut property it points to %comspec% /k “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat”” x86

Good luck!

• rameshwar soni · March 30, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Do visual studio 6 doesn’t have command prompt ?

Theme Design by devolux.nh2.me

Disclaimer

All postings/content on this blog are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this blog are my opinion and don't necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer or sponsors. The content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution By license.
To top